SECURE MORE CONTRACTS
1) Considering past experiences in New York City with both prime contractors and city agencies how do you feel about the bid process within the construction industry?
2) In reference to Q1: What is good about the process?
3) In reference to Q1: What could be improved regarding the current process?
4) What inefficiencies do you think exist in the current bid process?
5) What are the general steps to respond to a request for proposal?
KEY POINTS OF CONTACTS
6) Please list the key points of contact (internal and external) that are typically involved with responding to a request for proposal?
7) Which key points of contact are most important in the bid process?
8) Which key points of contact are least important in the bid process?
9) What factors do you believe are most helpful in winning an award?
10) In reference to Q9: Thinking about previous successful bids, what additional tools would have been useful to your firm in executing the bid?
11) In reference to Q10: If applicable, how are the tools listed important to improving execution performance?
12) What do you believe prevents your firm from winning more bids?
13) When unsuccessful on a bid, what factors do you believe prevented your firm from moving forward in the process?
14) What information is most helpful to your firm when developing more business relationships?
a) Access to target company history and information for key points of contact
b) Centralized listings of current opportunities available by prime contractor or city agency
c) Detailed bid requirements
d) Summary of bid requirements
e) Overview of competitors who have performed similar work
15) Is your firm aware of New York City public utilization targets? For reference, the law and targets (contained in Section 6-129 of the New York City Administrative Code) establish programs to enhance participation by historically underrepresented businesses in key industries.
16) In reference to Q15: Do you think the law and targets are helpful to firms and businesses or a hindrance (please respond “not applicable” if you were unaware of the law)?
DEMOGRAPHICS - For the following questions please select the answers that most closely describe your firm:
17) Approximately how many projects have you worked on in the last two calendar years?
18) In reference to Q17: How many different prime contractors did you work with across each project?
19) How old is your firm?
a) Less than 5 year
b) Between 5 – 14 years
c) Between 15 – 29 years
d) Between 30 – 49 years
e) 50 years or greater
If other, precise:
20) How many full time employees did you employ for calendar year 2016?
a) 1 – 5
b) 6 – 10
c) 11– 20
d) 21 - 50
e) 51 or greater
21) Please choose the estimated annual revenue of your firm for calendar year 2016
a) Less than $250,000
b) $250,000 - $499,999
c) $500,000 - $999,999
d) $1,000,000 - $4,999,999
e) $5,000,000 - $9,999,999
f) $10,000,000 - $19,999,999
g) $20,000,000 or greater